Sunday, March 19, 2017

Guest Artist Gail Jaeger and Rose Mille Designer Papers

On March 8th here on my blog I shared the story of how I met Michelle of Rose Mille on the way to Creativation (CHA) this year and showed you a card I made with her fabulous vintage style papers, glitter and Dresden trims. I shared some of the subtle wallpaper styled designer papers with my dear friend, Gail Jaeger, who is an artist as well as a cardmaker, and today I am sharing two gorgeous cards she made with them. She used pens to highlight and enhance the vintage inspired papers on her cards. Here is a close up and Gail's description: 




"The soft, gentle color of the papers from Rose Mille suggested a bold design to make the card pop.  I started with cutting the base striped paper and adding the floral designed paper on top of it.  Note that the flowers have edges cut off and the leaves actually run off the top.  This all adds tension (interest) to the piece.   The various widths of the pens and the designs on the flowers make the card come together."

Here is another beautiful card Gail made using the same technique, her description and a close up of the card: 




"In keeping with the mild, supple look and feel of the Rose Mille papers, a sympathy card came to mind.  A soft grey was used as the base color, followed by the Stripes in Blue with the floral cut out and attached.  A Prismacolor pen was used to create the designs.  A vertical stripe in the flower copies the vertical stripes in the background.,  The word Sympathy in a monotone paper  adds a tender touch."

Thanks to Rose Mille for the gorgeous papers and to my talented friend, Gail Jaeger, for allowing me to share these lovely cards on my blog today.

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! Your friends made some lovely cards out of that fabulous paper. Thank you for sharing!!

Jane Luxem said...

Such a beautiful creation, Gail. Thanks for sharing Karen.