Thursday, March 23, 2017

Twist and Pop Kitty Card

We love cats in our home and so when I saw this beautiful Zen Kitty in the Seaside Stampin' Ink booth at the Rockford stamp show recently, I knew she had to come home with me. I dug out some old designer paper and die cut the edge with a Penny Black die. I stamped the Zen Kitty with my MISTI to make sure I got a good image and colored her eyes and nose with some markers. I own many kitty stamps and dies so I decided to use lots of them in the twist and pop center: 


The twist and pop card has many tutorials and pins all over internetland, but I saw one card where the pop up panels were turned to go vertical and I decided to turn mine that way. I have tried many tutorial instructions of how to make a twist and pop card and the easiest one I learned from this video tutorial by Jen Evers. I cut my four panel piece out of red cardstock and cut a couple white pieces to stamp the fun sentiment from Crackerbox Palace. I die cut the paw and "meow" with a new set of dies from Kat Scrappiness. The kitty on the bottom panel is a Fiskars punch and the two cats on the top panels were cut with dies from Tonic Studios. 

I am entering this card in the use more than one die or punch (I used six) at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Karen, that is really cute. I love kitties too. That will be a fun card for someone to open. I haven't tried the pop out cards. I'll have to go check out that video.

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Sandy said...

Great card. Love that cat stamp on the front and the fun sentiment. Haven't seen this fold done vertically before, and I might even prefer it this way.

kiwimeskreations said...

As a fellow cat lover I think this is a wonderful card Karen - love the inside of it, beautifully made
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really like this. Such a cool card.

Teresa Kline said...

karen! very pretty, luv the b& w with pop of red! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*