Friday, November 17, 2017

Joy to You and Yours Stamped Eclipse Card

My favorite technique from this year is combining stamping and die cuts where the stamped background continues through the popped up die cut word or letters. It is now being called the Eclipse technique and can be found all over Pinterest and blogs. I am fascinated by the look and used that technique to make this joyful holiday card. I stamped Hero Arts Cling snowy trees stamp on a white piece of cardstock using my Tim Holtz Tonic Studios stamp platform. That way if the first image was not perfect, I could re-ink and stamp again until I had a perfect image. I also stamped the words at the bottom which is from a Hero Arts Joy Stamp and Cuts set, and die cut the Joy from that same set out of the middle of the snowy trees image. I die cut "joy" twice out of fun foam and glued the three layers together. I die cut the white card front using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die and attached it to a navy card base. I glued the raised "joy" back into its negative space and added a few clear gems from Starlit Studio. Here is a view from the side showing the great dimension this stamping technique achieves:



I am entering this card in the November Anything Goes (with stamping) challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine and in the snow challenge at Dies R Us.

Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

So pretty, Karen. Reminds me of those art works with camouflaged images.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful scene and I love the popped sentiment. Awesome look!

Celeste Goff said...

I love this Karen! I own this stamp and may have to case this card!

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

ParkNSlide said...

Love this technique...your card is gorgeous.

Linda said...

Beautiful card .... love this technique. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I have this stamp and wouldn't have thought about making an eclipse card with it! Pretty effect!